【A】
Dora:Hi! Brian. How are you these days? 嗨,布莱恩。这些天你怎么样?
Brian:Pretty well, thanks. I am looking for a new apartment to rent. 相当不错,谢谢。我正在寻找一个新公寓来租。
Dora:Do you need a hand to look? 你需要帮忙寻找吗?
Brian:Sure! If you want to help. 当然了!如果你想帮忙的话。
Dora:Do you prefer living at the top or bottom of a building? 你喜欢住在楼房的顶部还是底部?
Brian:Actually I prefer the middle. 实际上我喜欢中部。
Dora:Why is that? 为什么?
Brian:Well if the elevator breaks down, I won't have too many stairs to climb. 唔,如果电梯坏了,我不用爬太多的楼梯。
Dora:That's good thinking Brian. 这个想法不错,布莱恩。
Brian:I know! Sometimes I am a genius! 我知道!有时候我是个天才!
【B】
Mary:Hi, John. 你好,约翰。
John:Oh, hi, Mary, come on in. Any problem? 哦,你好,玛丽,进来。有什么问题吗?
Mary:Oh, no problem. 哦,没问题。
John:Great. I forgot to ask you, though. How long did you want the place? 很好。 还有忘了问你,你想租多久?
Mary:Six months. 6个月。
John:Oh, well, that might be a problem. I usually only sign one year leases. 哦,这可能有一点问题。我通常签1年的契约。
Mary:Well, one year would be fine, too. I’m not planning on leaving the area anytime soon. 那么,1年也可以。我不打算近段时间内搬离这个地方。
John:Well, if it’s not a problem. Then here you go. 好的,如果没有问题,你在这儿签。
Mary:Just let me look at it quickly. 让我再看一下。
John:Of course. 当然可以。
Mary:Looks like a standard lease. 这看上去是标准的契约书。
John:Yeah, and don’t worry about the security deposit. If everything’s all right when you move out, you’ll get it back. 对。对于押金您不用担心。当你搬出的时候如果一切无恙,我会退还你的。
Mary:O.K. Great. Just sign and date it here? 好,很好。在这儿写姓名和日期吗?
John :Yes. Thanks. You can move your stuff in tomorrow. 是的,谢谢。你明天就可以把东西搬进来。
Mary:Wonderful. 太好了。
【C】
Ann: Hello, is it Mr. Chen? 哈罗,是陈先生吗?
Chen: Speaking.是的。
Ann: I’m interested in the apartment you advertised in the paper.我对您在登在报纸上的那套公寓很感兴趣。
Chen: To buy or to rent?要买还是要租呢?
Ann: Rent. Could you tell me something about the apartment? And how large is it? 租。你能告诉我一些公寓的简况吗?有多大?
Chen: There are two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a kitchen. It’s about 98 square meters. 一共有两间卧室,一间浴室,一个厨房。大概有98平米。
Ann: Well. How bout the surroundings? 恩。周边环境怎么样啊?
Chen: The residents there are friendly and the community also has a good security system. 那里的居民很友好,而且小区里也有很好的安全设施。
Ann: So can I visit the apartment this Friday morning? 那我这个礼拜五早上可以看看公寓吗?
Chen: Sure. 可以的。