【A】
Lily:Give me a few ideas, what should I send to my friend for his birthday?
你帮我出出主意,朋友过生日,送什么礼物好?
Ben:Are you two close?
是好朋友还是一般朋友?
Lily:Very close. And he works for a trading company in New York.
是非常要好的朋友,他在纽约一家贸易公司工作。
Ben:Does he have any hobbies?
他有什么特殊的爱好吗?
Lily:He's interested in learning about Chinese culture and likes collecting antiques.
他对中国文化很有兴趣,喜欢收藏文物。
Ben:What about getting him something made of porcelain? I'm sure he would like it.
那你送他一件瓷器怎么样?我想他一定会喜欢的。
Lily:That's a good idea, thank you.
这主意不错,谢谢了。
【B】
John:Have you had a good time these past few days?
这几天玩得怎么样啊?
Lily:Yes. Kunming is really a beautiful place.
好极了。昆明这地方真漂亮。
John:Thank you. You're welcome here anytime you want.
谢谢夸奖。什么时候想来就过来玩儿。
Lily:I'm afraid I've been a bother these past few days.
这几天真是太打扰你了。
John:Don't mention it. You know, we're old friends.
别这么客气。咱俩都老朋友了。
Lily:Well. Please come to Beijing if you have time, and let me do the honors.
好。有时间的话,一定来北京玩儿,让我也尽尽地主之宜。
John:Okay. Have a safe trip.
好的。一路顺风。
【C】
David:Hi, Could you tell me how to get to the Summer Palace?
你好,请问颐和园怎么走?
Sherry:Sorry, I'm not from here.
不好意思,我也是刚到这儿的。
David:Thanks anyway.
谢谢。
Sherry:Not at all. I'm heading to the Summer Palace too. Do you want to go together?
不客气,我也要去颐和园。一起走吧?
David:Sure, I like making friends. My name is David. Nice to meet you.
好,我喜欢交朋友。我叫大卫,很高兴认识你。
Sherry:I'm Jerry. Nice to meet you, too.
我叫杰瑞,我也很高兴认识你。
David:All right, Sherry. Let's go.
嘿,Sherry,走吧。
【D】
Nancy:Jerry!
杰瑞!
Jerry:Anne! I haven't seen you for ages. How’ve you been?
安妮!我好久没见你了。你过得怎么样?
Nancy:Fine, just fine. And you?
好,挺好。你呢?
Jerry:Not bad. It really is great to see you again. Where have you been?
不错。真的很高兴又见到你。你到哪去了?
Nancy:Guangzhou. I’ve got a cousin there.
广州。我有一个堂兄在那里。
【E】
John:My best friend came by to see me and we chatted for a long time.
我最好的朋友来看我,我们聊了很久。
Sally:Oh, that's wonderful. How long have you been friends?
哦,不错啊。你们认识多久了?
John:Hmm, since lower school, so about 12 years.
嗯,从初中开始吧,大概十二年了。
Sally:Wow, that's really a long time.
哇,真是挺久的。
John:Yeah, I hope we could remain friends for the rest of our lives.
是啊,真希望我们这辈子都能保持这份友谊。