【A】
John:I'm going to Guangzhou for a business trip next week.
我下周要去广州出差。
Mary:By plane or by train?
坐飞机还是坐火车?
John:By train. You know I'm afraid to take a plane because of acrophobia.
火车。我有恐高症,不敢坐飞机。
Mary:Actually, it's not so awful to take a plane. It will be ok if you don't look out the window.
其实坐飞机没那么可怕,你不往窗外看就没事了。
John:I still can't do it. Every time I think about it, my brain just freaks out.
还是不行。一想到坐飞机,我就头晕。
【B】
Lily:Hi, Jim. You've been looking sick ever since you come back from Shanghai.
嗨,吉姆。你从上海回来后就一直气色不太好啊。
Jim:I do feel ill. I think it's a bad cold.
是有点儿不舒服。可能是重感冒。
Lily:It seems you're not used to the southern climate.
看来你不习惯南方的气候。
Jim:No, not really, nor the food there.
对,也不习惯那儿的吃的。
Lily:Most importantly, you have been too busy lately.
关键还是你最近太累了。
Jim:
Yes, I need to apply for a holiday.
是啊,我想申请休假。
Lily:You should take a break. You have finished the task a week ahead of schedule.
是该休个假了。提前一星期就完成了任务。
Jim:Yes, I'll come back feeling refreshed.
嗯,这样我可以好好恢复一下。
【C】
Laura:Hello, is this Lao Zhang? Long time no see!
喂,老张吗?好久不见了!
Lao Zhang:Hello, Laura. I was on a business trip and just came back yesterday.
劳拉啊,你好。我最近刚出了趟差,昨天才回来。
Laura:You're really busy. Are you free this week? How about having a meal together and discussing some cooperation ventures?
你可真是个大忙人。这个礼拜有时间吗?我们一起吃个便饭,顺便谈谈合作的事情吧。
Lao Zhang:Let me check my schedule…How about Thursday in the afternoon?
我看看这周的日程安排啊……你看周四下午怎么样?
Laura:Sure, no problem. I'll send a car to pick you up and wait for you at the restaurant.
行啊,我没问题啊。到时我派车去接你,我在饭店等你。
Lao Zhang:OK, see you then.
好,到时见!