【A】
Mark:You must be Mrs. Wang. I am delighted to meet you at last.
你是王晓红吧。终于见到你了,感到很高兴。
Wang:Likewise. I have been looking forward to this moment for months!
见到你我也很高兴。几个月来我一直在盼望这个时刻。
Mark:You must be exhausted. Would you like to sit down and rest for a few minutes?
你一定很累了。要坐下来休息一会儿吗?
Wang:Oh, no, I’d rather get to College as quickly as possible.
哦,不。我到希望能尽快地到达学院。
Mark:Mrs. Wang, You are on the third floor.
你的房间在四楼。
Wang:It looks very comfortable.
这里看上去很舒服。
Mark:You have got lovely view of Hyde Park. This is your private bathroom, and just opposite is a kitchen which all six of you share. There is common room at the end of the corridor, and a games room next door. 从这里你可以看到海德公园。这是你的个人使用的浴室,紧对面是你们6个人合用的厨房。在走廊尽头有一公共休息室,隔壁是活动房。
【B】
Wang:Good evening, Frank.
弗兰克,晚上好。
Frank:Hello, How good to see you. Did you have any trouble finding our place?
你好。见到你真高兴。我们这地方难找吧?
Wang:Not at all. Your instructions were very clear. Where is Mrs. Robinson?
一点也不。你把地址说得很清楚。您夫人在哪里?
Frank:She is in the kitchen.
她在厨房里。
Wang:These are for your wife.
这是送给您夫人的。
Frank:Oh, what lovely flowers! You are very kind. Thank you so much. She will go and put them in some water right away.
这么好看的花呀!你太客气了,非常感谢。她会马上把它插在水里。
Wang:And here is a bottle of Chinese quite Mao-tai.
这瓶中国茅台酒送给你的。
Frank:That is thoughtful of you. T have heard that it packs quite punch.
你想得太周到了。听说这是一种度数很高的烈性酒。