【A】
May:Can you change American dollars into French Francs?
能把美元兑换成法郎吗?
Clerk:Yes. How much do you want?
可以,您要换多少?
May:Fifty dollars. What is the exchange rate today?
只换50 美元。今天的汇率多少?
Clerk:One dollar to five Francs. Is that all right?
1 美元对5 法郎。可以吗?
May:Yes, please. And you can cash my traveler’s check, can’t you?
可以,请。你们同时也兑现旅行支票吧?
Clerk:Of course, we can.
当然可以兑现。
May:I want to be here tomorrow. What is your business hour?
我想明天到这儿来。你们的营业时间怎样呢?
Clerk:10 o’clock in the morning to 2 o’clock in the afternoon.
上午10 点至下午2 点。
May:Thank you.
谢谢。
Clerk:Not at all.
不客气。
【B】
May:I’d like to have this cashed, please.
我想兑换现款。
Clerk:Please put you name and address here. May I see your passport?
请在这里写下您的名字和地址。我可以看您的护照吗?
May:Yes.
好的。
Clerk:How would you like it?
您需要怎么兑换?
May:Ten hundreds and ten twenties, and the rest in small changes, please.
十张100 元的和十张10 元,剩余的零钱。
Clerk:O.K. Here you are.
好的。给您。
【C】
Mary:Excuse me, could you give me some change?
劳驾,你能换些零钱给我吗?
Clerk:Let me see. Are dimes and quarters O.K.?
让我瞧瞧。一角和两角五分的硬币行吗?
Mary:I want to make a long distance phone call.
我是想打个长途电话。
Clerk:Then you'll need small change.
那你需要换小零钱。