Every year there is the Spring Festival in China. Usually it is in January or February. It's the most important festival in China. So before it comes, everyone has to prepare things. They buy beef, pork, chicken, fruit and many other things. And they often make a special kind of food called "dumplings". It means "come together" in Chinese. On the day before the festival, parents buy new clothes for their children and children also buy presents for their parents. On the festival eve, all the family members come back to their home. This is a happy moment. They sing, dance and play cards. When they enjoy the meal, they give each other the best wishes for the coming year. They all have a good time.
41. Which is the most important festival in China? .
A. Mid-autumn Festival B. Spring Festival
C. Children's Day D. May Day
42. The Chinese usually have their Spring Festival in .
A. January or February B. February or March
C. September or October D. December or January
43. What's the special kind of food for the Spring Festival in China? .
A. Pork B. Fish C. Dumplings D. Noodles
44. The food "dumplings" mean " ".
A. be delicious B. be hungry C. come together D. come back
45. When they are having dinner on the festival eve, the Chinese
A. sing, dance and play cards B. buy each other presents
C. never drinks D. give each other the best wishes
Ann's grandpa was very rich and he had some shops. The old man began to learn drawing when he was sixty, and he loved it very much. For twelve years he drew a lot and there were many pictures in his workroom. He was pleased with them and kept them well. One day, the old man was ill. He had to stay in hospital. Before he died, he said to Ann, "I want to give my pictures to a school as presents. Then the students can remember me forever. But I don't know which school I'm going to give them to. Can you help me? " "Well, " said the little girl, "you'd better give them to a blind school. "
46. Ann's grandpa was ____________.
A. a driver B. a teacher C. a blind man D. a rich man
47. The old man tried his best to be ____________.
A. an artist B. a farmer C. a doctor D. a teacher
48. The old man loved ____________ very much when he was sixty.
A. writing B. his shops C. money D. drawing
49. When the old man was in hospital, he was ____________ years old.
A. 60 B. 70 C. 72 D. 78
50. Ann thought her grandpa's pictures were ____________.
A. nice B. beautiful C. good D.
Key: BACCD DADCD