We find different kinds of animals in the world. Some animals, such as tigers and lions live in big forest and they are called 26 animals. Some others like sheep and dogs are 27 by men and they are called domestic(驯养) animals. These animals are very different from one another, but we can 28 them into big groups: those that eat other animals and those that eat grass and leaves. Animals like the 29 belong to the first group. Animals like cows, elephants and horses belong to the second group.
Animals are 30 great use to human beings. Men 31 wild animals for their fur and meat. Domestic animals are 22 more important to men. Without them, life will be 33 . People make use of animals in many 34 .
Cows and pigs are useful to men’s 35 . They give 80% of the 36 men eat every year. Skin of some animals can be 37 into expensive overcoats and shoes, which are warm and comfortable and 38 a long time. They are very welcome in 39 countries. Wool, which is now one of the most important material for textile(纺织) 40 , comes from a special kind of 41 . From cows, we get milk. And we shouldn’t 42 that some domestic animals are kept for transport. Many people 43 ride horses. Arabs ride on camels which travel in deserts for days without 44 . In some places animals are still used to plough field. 45 is clear that men just can’t live without these animals.
26. A. wild B. serious C. terrible D. fighting
27. A. trapped B. treated C. sold D. kept
28. A. separate B. divide C. sell D. keep
29. A. chicken B. tiger C. fish D. goat
20. A. with B. to C. for D. of
31. A. hunt B. discover C. raise D.care for
32. A. quite B. every C. even D. some
33. A. smooth B. difficult C. easy D. perfect
34. A. ways B. groups C. places D. kinds
35. A. life B. work C. family D. food
36. A. meal B. meat C. dinner D. animals
37. A. put B. turned C. made D. changed
38. A. last B. cost C. take D. dress
39. A. cool B. cold C. warm D. foreign
40. A. business B. workers C. industry D. factory
41. A. sheep B. dogs C. cows D. pigs
42. A. forget B. remember C. realize D. notice
43. A. always B. hardly C. still D. just
44. A. resting B. drinking C. sleeping D. stopping
45. A. That B. This C. It D. So