Dialogue 3
A:Are you being served, sir?
先生,有人招呼您吗?
B:No, not yet. I just want a haircut.
还没有。我只想理发。
A:Will you sit here, please? How would you like it cut?
请您坐这儿好吗?想理什么样的?
B:I want it short.
剪短些就行。A:But it’s short already, sir.
可您的头发已经很短了。
B:I mean very short, shorter than it is now.
我的意思是很短,比现在再短些。
A:Shall I just trim it?
那就修修好吧?
B:No, You can cut quite a bit off. I like it to be very short all over. Do you see what I mean?
不,请多剪些。我想把上上下下都剪得短短的。你明白我的意思吗?
A:Oh, I see. You like the Chinese style, don’t you?
噢,明白了,您喜欢中国式的。
B:Yes, in the Chinese style.
是的。要中国式的。
A:Would you like to have a shampoo, sir?
先生,先洗洗头吗?
B:No, thank you.
不用了,谢谢。
A:How about oil or spray?
要不要抹点发膏或喷点香水?
B:No, nothing of the kind.
不,什么也不用。
A:There! How is that?
好了,您看行吗?
B:That’s very good!
很好。