Dialogue 4
A:It’s your turn, sir. I’m sorry that you’ve had to wait. Saturday is a busy day for us.
先生,轮到你了。让你久等了,很抱歉。星期六我们比较忙。
B:I suppose so.
A haircut, please.
我看是这样。理发吧。
A:How do you want your hair cut? Any particular way?
想理什么样?有特别要求吗?
B:I’d just like a trim, and don’t cut it too short.
我只想修修,不要理得太短。
A:Yes, sir. How about the sideburns?
好的,先生。鬓角怎么留?
B:I think they only need a little trimming.
我想也是同样推剪一下就可以了。
A:Can I use the clippers?
用推剪吗?
B:No, don’t use them, please.
不,请别用推剪。
A:Oh, all right,sir.
嗯,好的,先生。:(The barber sets to work with scissors and comb.)
(理发员开始用剪子和梳子理发。)
B:Would you trim off a bit more there, above the ear?
耳朵上面请再修掉一些好吗?
A:Don’t you think it needs a little taken off on top, too?
您不觉得顶上也得剪掉一些吗?
B:I guess that would be better.
我想这样会更好。
A:(Raising a lock) About like this?
(撩起一绺头发)是这样子吗?
B:No, not that much. Now, yes, that’s fine.
不,没那么多。嗯,这回差不多了。
A:Shave also, sir?
修面吗,先生? B:Yes.
是的。
A:How do you want your moustache trimmed?
胡子怎么修?
B:Just straighten the edges a bit.
两边修齐就可以了。